1.22.2017

Christmas Begins

I love decorating for Christmas. The other holidays I usually put some stuff out too, but Christmas just makes a place feel so cozy. And if you've ever been to my place at Christmas, you know my biggest Christmas addiction is pillows and blankets...I need more couch space in order to accommodate them all. 
The part I don't like about Christmas is pulling down all of my normal decor to switch it out. So much effort. But when you live in an apartment, you don't have much space to begin with.
Also, I'm not a big Coke drinker, but when it has Santa on it, how can I not?
My village <3 
And of course lots of other little items.
Target had some amazing bedding deals over Black Friday so I snagged us some Christmas flannel sheets as well as a flannel duvet cover! 
I had already made the fleece blanket a month or two before when Hancock Fabric was going out of business :( 
We love having live Christmas trees. I know a lot of people think it's a waste to put up a live tree, as well as unfair to the environment to cut down so many trees only to throw them away. But  there's something very special about having a fresh tree in your house. And the smell is pretty amazing too :)
We found a little lot near our house, picked the perfect tree, and headed home to decorate!
Sadly the poor tree had been sitting in negative degree weather and was frozen...so when it started to thaw out it started to drop lots of needles. Thankfully it didn't die on us completely though.

No comments:

Post a Comment